Wireshark 2021 captures and analyzes network packets and displays detailed information. You could think of a packet analyzer network as a measuring device used to examine what is happening within a network cable, like a voltmeter is used by an electrician to examine what is going on inside an electric cable (but at a higher level, of course). In the past, these tools were very expensive, proprietary, or both. However, with the advent of Wireshark, all that has changed. Wireshark is perhaps one of the best analyzers open source packages available today.
- Network administrators use to troubleshoot a network.
- Network security engineers used to examine safety issues.
- Developers use it to debug protocol implementations.
- People use it to learn the internal network protocol.
- Besides these examples, Wireshark can be useful in many other situations too.
- The following are some of the many features Wireshark provides:
- Available for UNIX and Windows.
- Packet capture lives data from a network interface.
- Display packets with a very detailed protocol.
- Open and Save packet data captured.
- Import and Export of data packets to and from a lot of other capture programs.
- Filters packets on many criteria.
- Package Search on many criteria.
- Color screen-based packet filters.
- Create various statistics. … and much more!
Important Information Of Software
- Manufacturer: Gerald Combs
- License: Freeware (free)
- Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7/8/10
- Size: 22.5 MB
- Updated Date: Dec 19, 2020