FlightGear 2021 is an open-source flight simulator. It supports a lot of popular platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.) and is developed by expert volunteers from around the world.
The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated and open flight simulator framework for use in academic or research settings, pilot training, as an engineering tool for the industry so that DIY-ers follow their idea of a simulation of Interesting flight. No less as a fun, realistic, and challenging flight simulator. We are developing a sophisticated open simulation framework that can be extended and improved by anyone interested in contributing.
There are many exciting possibilities for a free and open flight sim. We hope this project is interesting and useful for many people in many areas. The source code for the entire project is available and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- More than 20,000 real-world airports included in the full set scenario.
- Correct the marks and the placement of the track, correct the track and the approach lighting.
- Circulation roads are available for many larger airports (including even green centerline lights where appropriate).
- Inclined slopes (slopes change elevation as they usually do in real life).
- Directional illumination of the airport that changes gently of intensity as it changes its direction of relative vision.
- The landscape of the world fits into 3 DVDs. (I’m not sure it’s a feature or a problem!) But that means we have pretty detailed coverage of the entire world.
- The precision terrain around the world, based on most recently released SRTM terrain data.) Resolution of 3 arc seconds (approximately 90 m post spacing) for North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
- The landscape includes all the vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railroads, towns, villages, land cover, etc.
- Nice landscape night illumination with concentrated ground illumination in urban areas (based on real maps) and visible headlights on main roads. This allows a realistic night VFR flight with the ability to detect cities and roads.
- Landscape tiles are paginated (loaded/unloaded) on a separate thread to minimize the frame rate hit when you need to load new areas.
- Improved modularization
- Dispersion of atmospheric light
- Better performance, lower memory footprint
- A new tool that allows the configuration of the joystick in-sim, making it easier for new users to configure their joysticks as they wish and fly.
- The Nasal console has been enhanced to support copy/paste, facilitating the development of nasal sequences.
- The About Now dialog box includes additional system information and the ability to copy information to the clipboard, making the remote diagnosis of user problems faster and easier.
- The Select Airport Now option displays an aerial view of the selected airport, allowing users to preview their new location and make it easier to choose the correct runway or parking position.
- In-sim checklists have been introduced for several aircraft.
- A documentation browser is included in a sim, so users can more easily navigate through all the documentation available in the base package.
The FlightGear Manual is now included in English and French.
System messages at startup are available in eight languages, as is the in-sim menu.
Important Information Of Software
Windows XP / Vista / 7/8/10
April 11, 2021